Data management and analysisDetails
- Digital archives
- High-performance databases and hardware solutions
- Data warehouses and BIG DATA systems
- Reporting tools (BI)
Matic SA has strong competencies in development of digital archives, both for enterprises and for public administration institutions. The archives we build can be used to store digitized materials in any format, from documents – e.g. by public archives, court document repositories or commercial accounting or operating documentation – to audio and video files and MAM/DAM solutions.
Matic SA offers true end-to-end solutions. We start by analyzing the requirements, go on to choosing the optimal hardware platform, digitizing equipment (e.g. image scanners) and tape libraries or disk arrays, and finalize the preparations by selecting the dedicated software. Our services include:
- Advice on the methods of digital archive development
- Selection of hardware and choice of methods of digitization
- Delivery of the hardware architecture – including storage libraries and the concept of their expansion as the archive grows
- Creating a concept of information sharing and its describing it flexibly with metadata, depending on the type of collection involved
- and the required parameters of its description (including semi-automated methods)
- Web portals designed to share the information over the Internet to specific users or to the general public
- Access reporting and auditing mechanisms to monitor accessing the digital collection by
High-performance databases and hardware solutions
In extreme cases, transaction processing systems must handle dozens of thousands of concurrent users and still ensure ultrafast continuous performance while operating on standardised cost-effective platforms.
In order to meet the requirements regarding data management and storage as well as transactions, we offer you high-performance database systems from the industry leader – IBM. In our offer you will find systems, such as Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) and hardware solutions such as IBM WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52 or Netezza.
Data warehouses and BIG DATA systems
We offer products and services related to designing, developing and implementing data warehouses.
The products we use come from the most renowned vendors:
- Databases: IQ Sybase, DB2 IBM, MS SQL
- Appliances: Netezza IBM, HANA SAP, Oracle Exadata
- ETL: IBM InfoSphere, MS SQL Server Integration Services, SAP NetWeaver BW
- BI: Cognos IBM, QlikView
We deliver complete data warehouse projects or work on their selected areas:
- Data marts
- Analytical and reporting layer
- ETL – data sourcing and conditioning (improving its quality and coherence, data profiling) prior to its loading into the warehouse
Designing a data warehouse requires developing a data model, which serves as the logical foundation for the warehouse and has material impact on its quality and performance. We offer a selection of industry-specific models (e.g. for banking and insurance, public institutions, industry, healthcare), which allow leveraging good practices that apply to the specific sector and saving on time.
We recommend considering the use of appliances, which are complete self-contained data warehouses that combine the hardware, database and the necessary software, including BI, into a single product. They are a great choice for many applications, as they are known for their extremely high performance, short deployment time and relatively low TCO.
BI toolsets: we offer practical data analysis and data warehousing solutions, which give business users easy and virtually unrestricted access to their company’s data. At Matic SA, we perfectly understand the value of data reporting and aggregation logic that synthesizes the vast heterogeneous datasets — which can be of internal or external origin — and presents them as dashboards and indicators, which can then be used to draw real-life conclusions and make informed decisions that enhance the business.
Matic SA offers data management solutions:
- Extraction of data from source systems
- Transformation of data to the expected target model
- Loading data to the warehouse
- Rules for data cleaning and validation
- Creating descriptions of metadata and rules for describing source information
We offer solutions based on IBM Infosphere technology, SAP DataServices, QlikView and Open Source products. Thanks to the use of highly efficient solutions, the solutions we implement work effectively regardless of the number of source systems and the size of information processed
BIG DATA systems
The amount of information stored in information systems increases at an astronomical pace. The popularization of mobile devices along with the computerization of new areas of life makes it necessary to implement new methods of working with data.
In the Matic SA, BIG DATA is defined as part of the 4 main problems that organizations need to solve to work effectively with the data:
1. The ability to work effectively with large data volumes using modern column base solutions or integrated solutions (appliance). The group of these solutions includes IBM Neteeza, Sybase IQ, HP Vertica or Oracle Exadata solutions offered by Matic SA
2. Integration of information from many sources within one tool in real time “data streaming”, among others using IBM Data Capture, Verint, HP Authonomy and proprietary solutions. Tools in this area allow you to monitor information on Internet networks, including monitoring information in Facebook social networks.
3. Analysis of unstructured data through advanced tools of streaming video analysis, voice transcription and tools for transforming ETL data. Matic SA has its own team from the Business Intelligence area, which has practical experience in working with large volumes of information in a short time.
4. Visualizing and creating reports using interactive tools that allow the end user (data analyst) to prepare an attractive graphical report presenting the results of analyzes. Offered solutions in this field include IBM Cognos, Data Watch and Qlik View.
Reporting tools (BI)
Business intelligence (BI) solutions enable consolidating data supplied by a variety of the organization’s IT systems and facilitate obtaining the knowledge needed to analyze that data. In addition to quick monitoring of key performance metrics (KPI), BI reporting tools also support developing extremely complex reports concerning specific needs of the users. Their results can be presented in a visually attractive way by means of all sorts of charts and diagrams.